3/01/2007

Resonance

Most days I have some stupid song or another stuck in my head.
It just plays over and over and over in there, usually lasting a day or two
until the next one pops in there. They're usually songs I like or songs that are
really catchy, but then some times they are just REALLY annoying songs.

This happens with other things sometimes, like I'll here the last thing my son said to me before I left for work over and over, or the last thing that I said to some one, that I'm not sure if it came out right.

But then sometimes there are horrible sounds, sounds that make my veins contract, and my heart slow. those are the haunting ones that never stop, for days then maybe they lessen a bit into months and then they go away, but I still here them from time to time.

Like the sound of your infant child's scream, the first time they get jabbed with a needle, or a plastic feeding tube shoved down their nose, or the sound that a lovers heart makes as it's breaking, when you've hurt them again.

these sounds echo through a cavernous space as deep as your own soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.