10/14/2009

weeknights out

went out to a bar last night...
saw this comment the next day form a good friend...

"man im jealous you guys get to party on weekdays!"

I angrily wanted to respond with, "FUCK YOU, I'm Jealous that you don't, consider the alternative of having your kids taken from you, every week and trying to drown the hurt with alcohol, sounds fun huh!?!"

obviously I wouldn't say this, and I know this person didn't mean anything by it. It is just my own hurt wanting to lash out..

this is a good example of our human nature.. the grass is always greener.
my grass is greener because I get some freedoms to do want on weeknights, even though I fill it up with other shit I have to do. I do enjoy Tuesday nights, my girlfriend go out and have fun. but I'd take the greener grass of having my kids with me every night any day.

sometimes I hate being human, but I suppose if we were all perfect, there'd be no point of being.

so what to do here?...

It's easy to say be happy with the POS car you drive, because it runs well, but it's not a corvette... It's not as easy to say be happy with having your children taken from you. Then again, it could be worse. I could not be able to see them at all. I know some people who's children are in other countries. or worse yet dead.

then again things can Always be worse.

I know in my heart what the right answer is. The hard part is getting my brain and emotions to comply.

No comments: